QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Investment for a gaming project

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Investment for a gaming project

Postby FabioTJ on 06 Dec 2021, 18:27

Hi all, my friend and I are developing a game and we are thinking about how to properly attract investment. The game is in very raw form, so we decided to focus on the presentation. Do you think a presentation will be enough to attract investment?
FabioTJ

Re: Investment for a gaming project

Postby NikolasFl on 06 Dec 2021, 18:43

Collecting investment for a game project is now quite difficult because of the huge number of competitors. Presentation is good, but in most cases, it may not be enough, as games are better played than talked about. You say you have the game in raw form that's fine. It's better to show elements of gameplay than to just tell it on your fingers. There is a concept and there is a minimum viable product. If you want to know more you can read https://www.codica.com/blog/poc-vs-mvp/ It's a good idea to get concept approval at the basic stage before you start creating something, but in your situation, it's better to have a minimal viable product or MVP
NikolasFl

Re: Investment for a gaming project

Postby SatfoRd32 on 06 Dec 2021, 18:50

If they told me about the game I'd listen and talk about it, but if they said "Give me the money" I'd say no because I can't see the process. And the second situation is if I'm shown the gameplay and told "give me the money" I would ask at what stage of the game's implementation. So think about it.
SatfoRd32

Return to Full Metal Soccer - game related