QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Need more options for maps

Post any game related ideas or features you would like to see in the final version

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Need more options for maps

Postby ArmanX on 08 Feb 2011, 18:09

First off, let me say that this is an excellent game. Seriously. It's perfect for playing at LAN parties.

Anyway, since this is the idea section, I've got a few ideas; I don't know how hard they would be to implement, though they should be easier than some of the comments I've seen...

First, how hard would it be to add different skins? Nothing fancy; something like a few camo skins (desert/snow/forest), maybe some fancy coloring... even just a color chooser would be nice. Something so I can tell which player I'm shooting, even without seeing their name. Ability to add clan markings would be awesome.

Second, and much more importantly: maps. While I love the idyllic valleys full of trees and buildings, there should be a few different types; here's a few ideas:
"industrial": pavement terrain, machines/buildings to avoid, fences/power lines instead of trees
"desert": sand terrain, rocks to avoid, cactus instead of trees.
"arctic": snow terrain, ice to avoid, maybe some winter pine (or snowmen!)
"canyon": rocky terrain with big rocks to avoid and scraggly trees.
"city": street/grass terrain, office buildings/houses to avoid, and trees/power lines/mailboxes.
"island": sand terrain, multiple islands with water surrounding them, palm trees.
"tiny": 'big' items that make the tanks look as if they are a few inches tall (carpet, chairs, etc.)

Maps also need certain features:
Deep water, bottomless pits or cliffs, lava, etc. - stuff that kills tanks, to make it more exciting.
Bridges - to drive over the water/pits/lava, and possibly use to drop onto unsuspecting tanks below.
Walls - something to divide maps a bit, but that have holes to shoot out of.

I believe that maps make the game; even the best game out there would still be lame if it had poor or boring maps. But if the map is fun to drive around, even without other players - a "Grand Canyon" or "Stonehenge" or "Sahara Desert" map - well, that would be absolutely awesome! :-D
ArmanX

Re: Need more options for maps

Postby Michael on 15 Feb 2011, 16:17

Thanks for your input! We're planning to release a map-pack and one of the levels will indeed be a sandy island with palm trees :-)

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Postby Van on 11 Jul 2011, 22:04

Michael wrote:Thanks for your input! We're planning to release a map-pack and one of the levels will indeed be a sandy island with palm trees :-)

kind regards,
Michael

I'm curious, when do you plan to release it ;>
Van

Postby Michael on 12 Jul 2011, 21:41

hi

the release seems to be adjourned indefinitely, cause we're all very busy right now with our day jobs. sry

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Return to Ideas