QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Please do not make exotic weapons to prevail

Post any game related ideas or features you would like to see in the final version

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Please do not make exotic weapons to prevail

Postby Anixx on 27 May 2010, 10:46

Hi! I heared that in the final version there will be some exotic weapons such as laser etc. So I am afraid that the realistic spirit of Bata will be lost. Please do not make it something like magic/laser battle instead of the spirit of a real tank clash.

One thing in this scope is that longer cannon should shoot a higher speed projectile than mortairs, dont you consider implementing this?
Anixx

Re: Please do not make exotic weapons to prevail

Postby Blazing128s on 27 May 2010, 18:52

Anixx wrote:Hi! I heared that in the final version there will be some exotic weapons such as laser etc. So I am afraid that the realistic spirit of Bata will be lost. Please do not make it something like magic/laser battle instead of the spirit of a real tank clash.

One thing in this scope is that longer cannon should shoot a higher speed projectile than mortairs, dont you consider implementing this?
From what I know, the laser's range and power will be offset by its long cooldown period. And as for the cannons, right now the mortar (Splash cannon) shoots the slowest round, the HI (with the longest barrel) shoots faster, and the AP (medium barrel) shoots fastest of all. Do the developers have anything to add?
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Postby Anixx on 27 May 2010, 21:46

The longer barrel the higher speed and range - this is how it is in reality. Also higher armor piercing effect. But the larger caliber (diameter), the greater explosion.
Anixx

Postby Blazing128s on 27 May 2010, 22:07

Anixx wrote:The longer barrel the higher speed and range - this is how it is in reality. Also higher armor piercing effect. But the larger caliber (diameter), the greater explosion.
That's the way it is in real life. But whether or not to put that into the game is up to the developers.
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Postby Michael on 01 Jun 2010, 13:30

Anixx wrote:Hi! I heared that in the final version there will be some exotic weapons such as laser etc. So I am afraid that the realistic spirit of Bata will be lost. Please do not make it something like magic/laser battle instead of the spirit of a real tank clash.

Hi Anixx,

thanks for your interest in ZB. In fact there will we laser cannons, as secondary weapons, but as Blazing already mentioned they will have a longer cool-down time. Everything else on how much damage/speed of projectile/firing speed a.s.f. is part of the balacing process and we're looking forward to get input from the players.

@server question: I'll try to setup a dedicated ZB server on our quanticode server, to make a ZB game available all the time where players can meet.

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Return to Ideas