QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Player limit

Post any game related ideas or features you would like to see in the final version

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Player limit

Postby Blur001 on 26 Nov 2008, 11:55

Hey... Have been thrashing the beta at a few lans - awesome gameply( I would try online but there tends not to be any servers with a low enough ping in my corner of the world). Think you could raise the player limit though? the maps only just starting to fill up at 8 players... 16 would be really nice.
Or maybe even designing maps or gametypes to chanel players into confrontation? something that doesnt require us to all agree to 'meet at the church'
Blur001

Re: Player limit

Postby Michael on 29 Nov 2008, 17:36

Blur001 wrote:Hey... Have been thrashing the beta at a few lans - awesome gameply( I would try online but there tends not to be any servers with a low enough ping in my corner of the world). Think you could raise the player limit though? the maps only just starting to fill up at 8 players... 16 would be really nice.
Or maybe even designing maps or gametypes to chanel players into confrontation? something that doesnt require us to all agree to 'meet at the church'

cool, thank you, how did the players like Zero Ballistics?
Raising the player limit shouldn't be the problem, Seeker had some dedicated servers up and running with 16 player slots and more.

@Map design: channeling players into confrontation by map design isn't really that easy without limiting the players freedom of movement, but we'll consider that. IMHO all the maps currently available have their "hot spots" where most of the action occurs (i.e. the city in dm_almrausch), don't you think?

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Return to Ideas