Skip to content

SForge: compile error

Post any problems related to the beta version of Zero Ballistics

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

SForge: compile error

Postby Michael on 14 Sep 2010, 16:18

Copied from SF forum:

jkmakowka:
Got the following compile error: ---------------------- [ 36%] Building CXX object bluebeard/CMakeFiles/bluebeard.dir/src/SoundBuffer.cpp.o /home/user/zb/bluebeard/src/SoundBuffer.cpp: In member function ‘void SoundBuffer::loadBufferFromFile(const std::string&)’: /home/user/zb/bluebeard/src/SoundBuffer.cpp:108: error: invalid conversion from ‘ALbyte*’ to ‘const char*’ /home/user/zb/bluebeard/src/SoundBuffer.cpp:108: error: initializing argument 1 of ‘ALuint alutCreateBufferFromFile(const char*)’ make[2]: *** [bluebeard/CMakeFiles/bluebeard.dir/src/SoundBuffer.cpp.o] Fehler 1 make[1]: *** [bluebeard/CMakeFiles/bluebeard.dir/all] Fehler 2 make: *** [all] Fehler 2 -------------------------------- Trying to build it on a Ubuntu linux 10.4 with the prebuild .deb and the other needed libs installed.

Christian:
Hi! Update and try again - this was just a minor change in the al library it seems. regards christian

jkmakowka:
Almost git it to compile now: Stopped with this error at 97% done: Linking CXX executable tank /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -losg collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [games/tank/tank] Fehler 1 make[1]: *** [games/tank/CMakeFiles/tank.dir/all] Fehler 2 make: *** [all] Fehler 2 I hope it's not just me being stupid ;)

Christian:
Hello, this error looks like the Open Scene Graph libary is not installed on your system. 1) Did you install the precompiled debs, most notably https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeroba ... b/download 2) In /usr/local/lib, you then should have quite a few files starting with "libosg" 3) Perhaps you need to run "ldconfig" as root after installing the library 4) If this doesn't help, perhaps you need to configure ldconfig to look in /usr/local/lib for libraries. see "man ldconfig" or ask again. Hope I could help regards christian

jkmakowka:
Hmm, 1) and 2) I have, 3) doesn't give any output. regarding 4) I have tried doing a "sudo ldconfig -v" and "sudo ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib/" but both doesn't make any difference. I would be gratefull for other tips.

Christian:
Hi again, it seems that the uploaded openscenegraph deb was broken - sorry for that (missing some symlinks) I used a different cmake version to build a correct pacakge. I also now used the name libopenscenegraph-dev. So please - uninstall your currently installed openscenegraph .deb - download the new .deb from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeroba ... b/download - install the new package - recompile Thx for your patience :) regards christian

jkmakowka:
Thanks a lot, it compiled now. Still not running though. First it complained about some missing data stuff (I had the only the released blender_models.zip as data, but after getting all the data from the SVN and merging that with the blender_models.zip data, that error was resolved. However now the config.xml file seems to be corrupted (can't even open it with an xml editor, but it exists under .config/quanticode/zeroballistics ). If I start the game a render window quickly blinks up but then the terminal schos this error:

Code: Select all
User data directory is "/home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/" ERROR : Could not find supersection config in file /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml. ERROR : Could not find supersection default_keymap in file /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml. ERROR : Could not find supersection configurable_keymap in file /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml. Warning : /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml no section found. Warning : /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml no section found. Warning : /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml no section found. ERROR : Could not find supersection config in file /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 31.8.2010, 19:10:40 : log session started Build Aug 27 2010 - 03:00:47 Debug classes: - Version z1.00 Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Renderer: GeForce Go 7700/PCI/SSE2 GL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 195.36.24 Max. Texture Units: 16 Max. Varying Floats: 32 Max. Vertex Attribs: 16 Max. Uniforms in VS: 1024 Max. Uniforms in FS: 2048 GLSL language version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler Shader Model: 3 bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111) ERROR : Could not find supersection configurable_keymap in file /home/krischan/.config/QuantiCode/Zero Ballistics/config.xml. ERROR : main() ->  No ParameterCache available for this datatype: vector<string> 0h0m0.888275 Closing log.

jkmakowka:
ahh never mind... removing the config.xml made the game create a new one, seems to run now!

jkmakowka:
Wow, really nice game already! I will make a cool in game video of it and post a lenghty blog post over at freeegamer.blogspot.com in the next few days!
Michael
Developer

Return to Support