QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Can't Connect

Post any problems related to the beta version of Zero Ballistics

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Can't Connect

Postby Vitesse on 18 Feb 2010, 16:15

I have a problem with ZB - when trying to join a game I get an error message and can't connect.

Occasionally I get connected, but receive the 'there is a problem with your connection' message and there is too much lag to play.

I never used to have this problem and would like some pointers where to fix this.

I have an 8.1 mps broadband connection and a decent ping through a Netgear router. I can play BF2 with no problem, although when playing Black Shark I get a server timeout sometimes. Running a ping test through the BS server it shows a single Timed Out message every few minutes.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Vitesse

Re: Can't Connect

Postby Michael on 19 Feb 2010, 11:03

Hello,

we accidentally opened some server with a different network version protocol, so this could explain the issues you described when you were unable to connect.

But could you please ask a friend of yours to host a game and then try to connect to his server-game and see if you get lag or connection problems?

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Re: Can't Connect

Postby Vitesse on 22 Feb 2010, 09:44

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still unable to connect to any games - I've tried with several different servers.

If I host my own server I am able to start another ZB and connect OK (running both ZB's from one PC).

I'm sure the problem will be at my end!
Vitesse

Return to Support