QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Few people online.

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Few people online.

Postby uzi on 10 Jun 2008, 23:21

I understand it's a Beta but I think I might be missing something. Usually when I play there are about 5 people at most. I play on the Linux version so does that mean I can only play with people who play the Linux version? I love this game and I'd love it if more people knew about this game and played it.
uzi

Re: Few people online.

Postby Seeker on 11 Jun 2008, 17:12

Regardless of what OS your running you will be playing against all players...
I'm working on advertising the game but it's always good to tell all your friends... Spread the word!
Seeker

Postby Blazing128s on 12 Jul 2008, 01:05

Sorry if I'm dragging up an old topic, but I have this to say, judging from several days' experience:
uzi wrote:I understand it's a Beta but I think I might be missing something. Usually when I play there are about 5 people at most. I play on the Linux version so does that mean I can only play with people who play the Linux version? I love this game and I'd love it if more people knew about this game and played it.

• First, not many people know about this fun game, given it's still beta.
  • For another, the maps are pretty small for servers that can handle 32 players. 4v4 results in the map getting nice and full of fun, but I wonder what would happen if the valley map with lots of trees had some 12v12 action... =lots of noobs getting stuck and picked off. :evil:

I believe that if the servers' 32 player capacity is to be used to best advantage, the maps will have to get a lot bigger.
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Postby fix on 12 Jul 2008, 13:23

Very unstable. Every 2 minutes i need to reconnect. This is main problem for me (for example).
I think, that this descrease gamers range also.
fix

Postby Blazing128s on 12 Jul 2008, 14:54

fix wrote:Very unstable. Every 2 minutes i need to reconnect. This is main problem for me (for example).
I think, that this descrease gamers range also.

That's odd. I'm in the US and I almost never get dropped. An occasional "There is a problem with your connection", but it clears up right away if I stop moving.
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Postby skrew on 14 Jul 2008, 11:41

I am from Ukraine (Europe) and very often have "Connection problem". I think network stack need to be updated or something to be more reliable. For example all Quakes shown best seen ever network reliability in any conditions. Especially if you want world domination :)
skrew

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related