QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Some Questions.

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Some Questions.

Postby Jarod on 29 May 2008, 21:49

Hi, I just saw your game on happypenguin.org, so i'm checking it out a bit.
And i have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to:

Is the game planning on staying free, or will it eventually become commercial?
If it is staying free, are there any plans to opensource it?
Is it possible to play over a LAN without internet access (like at a LAN party for example?)
Shader Model 2 is a absolute requirement, no way to get around this? (I've got a ooold video card)

Thanks a ton.
Jarod

Re: Some Questions.

Postby Seeker on 02 Jun 2008, 09:49

The only one I can answer is regarding LAN.

If you click Join Game you should see up the top the button LAN. From this screen you can click Scan LAN to search for servers. Alternatively click Connect to IP. This is the method I have to use to get it to work in, well, work, but this is because of the very interesting network arrangement I use :)
Seeker

Postby Michael on 02 Jun 2008, 11:55

Hi Jarod,

Jarod wrote:Is the game planning on staying free, or will it eventually become commercial?
If it is staying free, are there any plans to opensource it?
Is it possible to play over a LAN without internet access (like at a LAN party for example?)
Shader Model 2 is a absolute requirement, no way to get around this? (I've got a ooold video card)

.) We're planning to release a commercial version with all the weapons and skills available, ranking system, different levels and settings and destructible environment. And if you really like the game our work should be worth a few bucks in the end ;)

.) As Seeker said it is possible to play on LAN, either by connecting to the internal IP address of the computer hosting the game or by using the 'Scan LAN' method.

.) SM 2.0 is currently a absolute requirement, we rely heavily on shaders to get some load off the CPU to provide a smooth framerate, so sorry for that.

kind regards
Michael
Developer

Postby Jarod on 05 Jun 2008, 00:40

Thanks for your answers!

I am planning on eventually upgrading to a newer pc, and thus video card too, but until then, I'll have to try it out on someone elses pc.

One more question:
Will there be a commercial version with all the weapons/locales/whatever, and a stripped down free version available, or will it eventually be only available commercially?

I'll see and maybe I'll be able to borrow my brothers laptop for a few minutes tomorrow :D

Thanks again!!
Jarod

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related