QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Lag on offical servers

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Lag on offical servers

Postby Higgi on 03 Jan 2011, 11:23

Hey people,

This game is realy good. I love to play it. But in the last few days the Game is realy laggy on the offical Servers with Bots. Each Time more than 4 players (3 Bots and 1 "real" Person) are playing on the offical Server the Game starts to lag.

Is this issue caused by the bots?
How can i set up a own dedicated Server?

Higgi
Higgi

Re: Lag on offical servers

Postby Christian on 03 Jan 2011, 19:00

Hi Higgi!

You are welcome to host your own dedicated server. However, the dedicated server binary is only included in the Linux distribution. Drop us a note if you require windows version.
Running the server should be easy: just execute the start_server_ded.sh script.

Concerning the performance issues: There is a known bug related to bots healing themselves, which can slow down the server - but this shouldn't cause a permanent lag. Perhaps our server's connection speed is not sufficient...

regards
christian
Christian
Developer

Re: Lag on offical servers

Postby MelloMan on 28 Jan 2011, 17:33

First of all, many thanks for bringing this game back, I thought it was gone forever.

I would concur with Higgi though, that there is definitely a lag issue on the official servers. It's enough to make the game verge upon the unplayable at times, sadly.

Is there any possibility of someone looking at this? For me, this is the most important issue at the moment.

Keep up the good work though!
MelloMan

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related