QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

So, When's it Coming?

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

So, When's it Coming?

Postby Blazing128s on 08 Jan 2009, 19:08

It's been a while, but the last time I checked, the full version of Zero Ballistics was due to be released around Christmas. Two weeks after Christmas, I have to ask: What's going on? And when will it be released?
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Re: So, When's it Coming?

Postby Michael on 11 Jan 2009, 18:48

Hi all,

due to the lack of any commercial success of Full Metal Soccer and the fact that publishers do not seem to be interested in Zero Ballistics at all, the motivation of our team is almost zero.
I can only tell you that the release of ZB will be delayed to some indefinite future date, we're all currently working on our day jobs and there is little time left for the further development of the game.

I'll keep you up-to-date on any further development.

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Postby chip5541 on 12 Jan 2009, 12:50

That is a shame to hear. It is a shame you could not have gone through someone like Garage Games or Stardock.
chip5541

Postby Zero on 13 Jan 2009, 14:43

This is just a random idea, but you could ask some magazines like Computer Bild to put Zero Ballistics and Full Metal Soccer on their CD/DVD.
Last edited by Zero on 14 Jan 2009, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Zero

Postby MelloMan on 13 Jan 2009, 21:10

That certainly is a shame :( Especially as it's quite possibly my favourite game ever. Damn those pesky day jobs!

Thanks for the game though, it's great :D
MelloMan

Postby weasel75 on 02 Mar 2009, 15:57

Maybe you guys have to find another way to release the game to the public?

"World of Goo" shows that there are alternative ways to spread the word, and yet to sell stuff for Windows, Linux and Mac... (besides the Wii).
... or something like the Blender-Foundation ;)

Since the worst thing that could happen to great game-ideas and a good developer-team: a game which ends up in some company's safe/storage-room ... forever ... including all rights n stuff :o
weasel75

Postby Michael on 05 Mar 2009, 10:47

weasel75 wrote:Maybe you guys have to find another way to release the game to the public?

"World of Goo" shows that there are alternative ways to spread the word, and yet to sell stuff for Windows, Linux and Mac... (besides the Wii).
... or something like the Blender-Foundation ;)

Since the worst thing that could happen to great game-ideas and a good developer-team: a game which ends up in some company's safe/storage-room ... forever ... including all rights n stuff :o

We submitted Zero Ballistics to a lot of publishers, but no one was willing to finance our development costs and publish the game. With Full Metal Soccer we made the experience that the sole online distribution is not a very promising way, therefore the development of Zero Ballistics is some sort of 'on hold' now. Sad but true :cry:

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Postby Werty on 07 Mar 2009, 19:35

Have you looked into releasing Zero Ballistics on Steam? With the community and achievement systems and all, it could be worth it. I don't know what it takes to get your game on Steam, but there are worse games on there. I don't think going retail is very realistic for Zero Ballistics. Digital distribution is the way to go. That's the direction the industry seems to be headed anyways.
Werty

Postby Michael on 24 Mar 2009, 10:13

Werty wrote:Have you looked into releasing Zero Ballistics on Steam? With the community and achievement systems and all, it could be worth it.
I don't know what it takes to get your game on Steam, but there are worse games on there. I don't think going retail is very realistic for Zero Ballistics. Digital distribution is the way to go. That's the direction the industry seems to be headed anyways.

We've already contacted Valve and the person in charge of the submissions for Steam Distribution platform. We were told that they would only take us into account if we had a bigger community :o ... thought that is what Steam is all about?? i don't know ... perhaps the ZB fan community could write some emails, to express their wishes to see ZB on Steam?

kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Developer

Postby chip5541 on 24 Mar 2009, 14:00

chip5541

Next

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related