QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

YORK, England -- British sprinter Mark Cavendish pulled out

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

YORK, England -- British sprinter Mark Cavendish pulled out

Postby jokergreen0220 on 08 Feb 2018, 06:52

YORK, England -- British sprinter Mark Cavendish pulled out of the Tour de France on Sunday with a serious shoulder injury likely to require surgery. Ryon Healy Jersey . Cavendish, with his arm in a sling underneath his sweatshirt, said outside the team bus before the start of the second stage that he was "absolutely devastated." The 29-year-old sprinter known as the "Manx Missile" had made the Tour his main goal this season but saw his hopes of winning his first yellow jersey disappear on Saturday when he hit the ground near the finish of the first stage in his mothers hometown of Harrogate. Cavendish, who took responsibility for the crash after taking Australian Simon Gerrans down with him, was diagnosed with a separated shoulder. "Normally, I bounce well when I crash," Cavendish said at York racecourse. "I assessed my body yesterday and for the first time in my career I knew something was wrong. I really had this little bit of optimism that I might be OK this morning but its just impossible." Cavendish will undergo a MRI in Manchester on Monday night that will determine whether he needs surgery on his shoulder. One of the most successful sprinters in the history of the race, Cavendish has won 25 Tour stages. The last time he retired from cyclings showpiece event was in 2008 when he left the race early to get ready for the Beijing Olympics. Cavendishs team doctor Helge Riepenhof said its likely the sprinter will need surgery that will sideline him for about six weeks, likely ruling him out for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow from July 23-Aug. 3. "Its a serious injury but he can recover well and it should not affect his future performances," Riepenhof said. "He is really sad because he wanted to show that he was ready to win a stage in his home country. He wanted to race but he cant." Cavendishs maiden ride in the Tour in 2007, when the race started in London, was also marred by crashes that led to his early exit. "It could be worse for me," the Omega Pharma Quick-Step rider said. "Ive got friends who have come back from Afghanistan with the armed forces. My friend Josh is a double amputee on his legs and missing his right arm. He just sent me a message joking saying Ive got a spare arm for you." Marcus Semien Jersey . "We were left with the overall impression that the team wasnt trending toward being able to compete for a Stanley Cup," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said in a news conference at the clubs arena. "And that was just a clear signal and why it was time to make those changes. Khris Davis Jersey . - Their offence is underperforming. http://www.authenticbaseshopathletics.com/Jed-Lowrie-Jersey/ . It was considered unlikely that Rielly would be loaned to Canada for the tournament, which begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden, though a stretch of three straight games in the press box made it something of a debate.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Masahiro Tanaka threw 35 pitches Wednesday in his second bullpen session as he tries to return to the New York Yankees this season. The injured rookie from Japan threw fastballs, breaking balls and five splitters at Yankee Stadium. He said he felt a little rusty, but his elbow is healthy and now its just a matter of rebuilding arm strength and getting sharp. "It was a good day," Tanaka said through a translator. "The elbow is fine now. Im more looking towards playing in a game now. But that said, even that said, I think I do have to be cautious about the elbow." Tanaka went on the disabled list July 9 with a partial ligament tear in his right elbow and had a platelet-rich plasma injection. New York hopes he can avoid Tommy John surgery and return to the rotation next month. The right-hander threw 25 pitches in his first bullpen session last Saturday and might have another one before moving on to batting practice. After that, it would be a simulated game and then a rehab game. No more MRIs are planned. "So far, so good. I mean, every step has been positive for him and thats obviously the way we hope it continues to go. Kendall Graveman Jersey. But each step, he increases intensity, and Im sure BPs will be a little bit more intense than bullpens," manager Joe Girardi said. "The fact that he felt good today was encouraging. See how he feels tomorrow, obviously, is really important, but he was able to throw his curveball, his slider and his split, and I watched it and it looked pretty good." Tanaka is 12-4 with a 2.51 ERA in 18 starts. New York began the day four games out of a playoff spot with 39 to play. In other news, slumping Carlos Beltran was out of the lineup against Houston because of discomfort in his troublesome right elbow, which has bothered him for much of the season. Beltran was scheduled to be examined by a doctor Wednesday evening. "Im not really sure what it means. Hopefully, its just a day or two," Girardi said. Derek Jeter was the designated hitter instead of Beltran, with Stephen Drew set to start at shortstop. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related