QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Possible Jerk Running Server?

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Possible Jerk Running Server?

Postby Blazing128s on 14 Jul 2008, 23:23

Today, while looking through servers while on a break from getting blown up by mindeddie's brutal practice, I found a server with a max capacity of 2 players. Intrigued, and wanting to kick someone else's tail for a change, I hopped on. When I joined battle with the only other person there, I got a incoherent response to the effect of "get off". After the server broke its connection with me, I decided to head back on. After I blew up his hiney, I got an irate "hey get off im trying to run the server for a relative", or something close to that. My response conveyed the brutal, honest truth: "I don't see any relatives around here." :D His response: "Alright then the servers shut down stupid @$$" or something close to that. Then I was back on the Join Game menu.

My question is: Was I a jerk? I didn't know he was running a server for himself and 1 other person only.
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Re: Possible Jerk Running Server?

Postby Michael on 15 Jul 2008, 11:02

Blazing128s wrote:My question is: Was I a jerk? I didn't know he was running a server for himself and 1 other person only.

With the possibility to set a password on a server such a problem should be solved with future versions, so not your fault. Hopefully these two could start their private match afterwards :D
Michael
Developer

Postby Seeker on 15 Jul 2008, 13:05

HAHA I'm glad I read the full thread then and not just the title :P
Seeker

Postby Blazing128s on 15 Jul 2008, 16:53

Seeker wrote:HAHA I'm glad I read the full thread then and not just the title :P

Yeah, I agree with you, that title needs work, but I was still fresh from the horror when I put up this topic, mind you.

Michael wrote:
Blazing128s wrote:My question is: Was I a jerk? I didn't know he was running a server for himself and 1 other person only.

With the possibility to set a password on a server such a problem should be solved with future versions, so not your fault. Hopefully these two could start their private match afterwards :D

I hope so too. And it's nice to hear that what happened to me might not happen again.

P.S. What do you think of my signature? ;)
Blazing128s

Postby Seeker on 15 Jul 2008, 16:55

Blazing128s wrote:
Seeker wrote:HAHA I'm glad I read the full thread then and not just the title :P

Yeah, I agree with you, that title needs work, but I was still fresh from the horror when I put up this topic, mind you.

Michael wrote:

I hope so too. And it's nice to hear that what happened to me might not happen again.

P.S. What do you think of my signature? ;)

Nobody can feel manly in a pink tank :P
Seeker

Postby Blazing128s on 15 Jul 2008, 16:57

Seeker wrote:Nobody can feel manly in a pink tank :P

Stupid light conditions. :P
Blazing128s

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related