QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a p

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a p

Postby jokergreen0220 on 14 Dec 2017, 04:49

PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a pay cut. Mike Napoli Jersey . Wont trim even a measly $1 million off his $44 million salary.Not voluntarily, anyway, even after a disastrous year that shook the NFL to its core.Hes also not going to resign and, no, he doesnt expect to be fired.Does that surprise you? he asked the questioner.It didnt, and not much else did Friday as the embattled NFL commissioner put on a show of not being embattled at all at his annual State of the NFL presser.To call this a dog and pony show would be insulting to dogs and ponies everywhere. Nothing about the format was conducive to getting actual answers rather than the talking points the commissioner had long ago committed to memory.A few miles down the road, Tiger Woods was explaining as only he can about how he could shoot 82 on a relatively easy resort course and miss the cut in his first tournament of the year. Goodell took the podium at about the same time to explain why the NFL was going to wait until after the Super Bowl to determine whether the New England Patriots were conspirators in a scheme to deflate footballs.Neither of them were terribly insightful, but at least Woods had an excuse. He had been out playing in the rain for five hours, and was just hoping to get somewhere dry.Goodell, meanwhile, spent the morning working out, presumably while studying the talking points his aides had surely drawn up for any question that might come up. Like Woods, he had an answer for everything, even for the cute little kid who warned his question about league-sponsored exercise would be a tough one.Not for the Teflon Commissioner, it wasnt. Goodell informed the kid that not had he already done Play 60 for the day, but actually did 65 minutes on the elliptical.Goodell was so on point that the only question that seemed to throw him for the slightest moment came from a Las Vegas television reporter who wanted to know about prospects for a team in that gambling city (not good).To be sure, the annual appearance by the commissioner rarely offers much insight into the operations of Americas most popular sports league. The supremely insular NFL prefers it that way, and without follow up questions the questions bounce around from topic to topic with no clear theme.This year, though could have been different. This year should have been different, if only because of two big controversies that cast doubt about fair and just the league really is.Goodell had a chance to go deeper into the deflated ball controversy, and didnt. He could have directly answered why his friend, New England owner Robert Kraft, wants an apology for the way the league has handled it, and didnt.He could have talked more about the whole Ray Rice affair, and didnt.Instead he talked in generalities about winning trust from fans every day and making enormous progress on social issues.The NFL is made up of good and caring people, he assured us at one point.That may be true, but for now were going to have to take Goodells word for it. Were also going to have to believe him when he says that the events have recent months have humbled him.It might be easier, though, if those responses didnt seem as scripted and full of generalities as his thoughts about players safety (hes for it) and earlier kickoff times for games in London - giving the networks yet another 3-hour block of NFL television (terrific).Listen, it has been a tough year, Goodell said. It has been a tough year on me personally. Its been a year of what I would say humility and learning. We obviously as an organization have gone through adversity, but more importantly it has been adversity for me. That is something where, we take that seriously. Its an opportunity for us to get better. So weve all done a lot of soul searching, starting with yours truly. And we have taken action.Speaking of action, Mr. Commissioner, how about that pay cut?Thats up to the owners, Goodell said. They evaluate my performance. They evaluate my compensation every year. And I dont argue.Come to think of it, after a year like the last one silence might be Goodells best option.____Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg@ap.org or http://twitter.com/timdahlberg Nolan Ryan Jersey . Despite Arsenals financial firepower, the 31-year-old midfielder was the only arrival in the January transfer window. Signed until the end of the season as injury cover, Kallstrom might not be fit until mid-March after arriving Friday at Arsenal having injured his back earlier in the week while training with Spartak Moscow. Elvis Andrus Jersey . 1. Did the Senators trade the wrong goalie? Lets make one thing clear: The Ottawa Senators acquired Ben Bishop from the St. Louis Blues for one reason and one reason alone. http://www.rangersapparelsshop.com/tyson-ross-jersey-c-31/ . Barnard, 28, was 1-0 with a 0.53 ERA in three appearances, including two starts, with San Angel o this season. He struck out 19 batters and walked just one in 17 innings pitched. He has previous American Association experience with the Lincoln Saltdogs, El Paso Diablos and Amarillo Sox.WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- At the risk of jinxing his red-hot teammate between the pipes, St. Johns IceCaps forward Patrice Cormier kept his comments about the play of goaltender Michael Hutchinson understated Wednesday night. "Hutchinson was again pretty good," Cormier said. "Knock on wood." Only superstition stopped Cormier from handing out more effusive praise. Hutchinson made 30 saves to record his second shutout of the playoffs as the IceCaps routed the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 5-0 on Wednesday in Game 3 of the American Hockey Leagues Eastern Conference final. The IceCaps lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will be played Thursday night in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. "We had a couple early power plays that sort of got us going," said winger Andrew Gordon, who had three assists. "Maybe they didnt execute quite to the level that theyre used to in this building, but we had a real good effort. Sometimes you get rewarded." Eric ODell had a goal and an assist. Jason Jaffray, Kael Mouillierat, Zach Redmond and Cormier all scored as well. Hutchinson raised his post-season record to 9-4 with a .945 save percentage. The IceCaps scored on consecutive shots less than two minutes apart in the first period to take a 2-0 lead. Josh Morrissey, on his 19th birthday, took a cross-ice pass from Gordon in the right face-off dot and put a puck on the stick of Cormier in the slot for a re-direction goal on the power play at 11:24. Gordon intercepted a pass by Penguins winger Spencer MMachacek behind the net and fed Jaffray in front for a goal at 13:15. Rougned Odor Jersey. "They outplayed us all over the ice," Penguins winger Tom Kostopoulos said. "They capitalized on their chances. They were clearly the better team." After killing a 65-second five-on-three Penguins power play late in the first period, the IceCaps forced another turnover on the forecheck early in the second, and ODell buried at loose puck at the left post to make the score 3-0. "If they score (on the five-on-three power play), youre like, Uh oh, its a game," Cormier said. "Kill that and I dont want to say weve got momentum, but we go into the second feeling good." Mouillerat scored from the goal-line on a five-on-three advantage at 6:24 and Redmond sent a slapshot on net from the blue-line that hit the glove of goalie Peter Mannino and trickled over the goal-line with a second left in the period to give the IceCaps a 5-0 edge going into the third. "I think there were a couple goals today that were backbreakers," Gordon said. "That one with a second left, that hurts. Ive been on the other end of those a few times and that hurts. Timely goals today were probably a momentum killer for them." Mannino, who played every minute of the Penguins first 13 playoff games, was pulled after stopping 19-of-24 shots in the first two periods. The Penguins are 0 for 13 on the power play in the series. Matt Murray stopped all eight shots he faced in relief. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Re: PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a p

Postby tusabuheky on 29 Dec 2017, 13:33

A handsome quantity of the product is sold for the satisfaction for the humans. Majority of the concerns have be placed or the judgment and dissertation writing services in the shadow of the expertise of the people.
tusabuheky

Postby sophiegooch on 08 Jan 2018, 08:12

I am reading your entire publish I'm virtually praying for you, I hope you have an extra sponsor upcoming month because I am very impressed your media and leisure activities. Exact work and maintain it up thanks. Michael J. Fox Back To The Future 2 Jacket
sophiegooch

Postby americasuits20 on 12 Jan 2018, 07:46

I am perusing your whole distribute I'm basically petitioning God for you, I trust you have an additional support up and coming month since I am extremely awed your media and recreation exercises. Correct work and keep up it up much appreciated. Black Leather Jacket For Men
americasuits20

Return to Zero Ballistics - game related